Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Just a quick update

I hadn't planned on writing anything today, but I wanted to give a little update on the events of the last couple days. We've had a series of attacks of different sorts over the last two days. I'm not going into any detail on most of these specific incidents for security reasons, but one piece of what happened illustrates a point I made in an earlier post. I've mentioned stray rounds as a result of incoming fire and the potential danger they represent. Last evening we had some fire coming in, and the result was a soldier who took a round to the face. Luckily for this individual, the round had little velocity at the point of impact and the injuries were not serious. I will say, this individual was not somewhere one would expect to get hit by any stray rounds. It shows the danger every person here faces whether or not they are directly involved in combat operations.

I'll work up another post with more pictures soon.

Andy

No comments: