Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Home Away From Home




As promised in my last update - here are some pictures of the compound I'm in. One shot is of the trailer I live in (temporarily, until I get my permanent room in the same kind of trailer), and the other two are of the building I work in. The trailers and the building are right next to each other so I don't have a long walk to work. We have a bathroom trailer with 8 stalls and a shower trailer with 8 showers, both located right next to the living trailers. It's all very small, but it's convenient. There are a couple dining facilities to choose from which are just a short drive from our compound. We're lucky to have our living accommodations next to where we work. Most everybody else here lives in several centralized trailer complexes away from where they work. There are palaces, and many lakeside villas where Saddam's closest relatives and friends lived. It's not such a nice place now. As I get more pictures I'll put them up.
Andy




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mate, thanks for keeping your Aussie mates up to date. Sounds like your first 24hours was better than a busy night at The Mews. Send us your postage address and I'll forward an Eight-pack of your favourite down-under coldie! They probably serve that Fosters rubbish in the o's mess. Be sure to share them around with your 7 trailer-park friends too.

Anyway buddy stay sharp. We support you all the way

cheers
Brad, Lorna, Lochie, Phoebe and William

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy, thanks for keeping us up to date on your whereabouts, living conditions, and exploits. You're looking good in your Army duds and it definitely sounds like you're getting your money's worth. Keep you head down and the pointy end up (old missileer talk). You're in our thoughts and prayers. Tom