Friday, September 14, 2007

Flexibility

It seems I have an extra week to spend with my family. I was initially told I would depart for Ft. Benning this Saturday. During my meetings at JIEDDO this week I was told I'm now leaving the 22nd. The group of us from my pre-deployment training were all supposed to travel together, but we've been broken up into a few different groups. One guy is out on the 15th, another guy and I are departing on the 22nd, and the rest aren't leaving until Oct 6th. This is a great deal for me. I get to spend more time with my family. It kind of messes with my mind though. It's an emotionally trying time to prepare and leave your family for a year. For me, I kind of prepare myself emotionally in the last few days before I leave. It's hard to explain. I had myself prepared to leave and now it's a another week away. Don't get me wrong - it's a good thing to get an extra week at home, it's just double the emotional drain getting mentally prepared for the last couple days at home twice.

No comments: