Wednesday, August 1, 2007

High Risk Environment Pre-Deployment Training

Here's a little about the training I'm going to next week. I'll compare what the literature says about the training with my post training impressions once I complete it.

Here's what the literature says about the training:

This 5-day High Risk Environment Pre-Deployment Training Course was specifically designed for selected individuals from the Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) requiring unique and specialized skills in personal security and safety awareness skills in support of organizational missions throughout the world. The course provides realistic, hands-on training in the concepts, techniques, and methodologies associated with travel pattern analysis, surveillance detection, attack recognition, combative drills, weapons qualification, weapons drill scenarios, night fire and trauma medicine.

So there's the generic description. As I said, I'll contrast that with my impressions of the training once I complete it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy - great blog! Best of luck with your newest adventure. Make sure you say hi to Apul Madeek-Aoud and Awan Afuqya while you're there. - JD

Anonymous said...

Andy,
I look forward to your postings. Remember to keep you head down and your powder dry, the world will turn.
Semper Fi.
Terry Adams